Over 30 models are built-in, but custom regression models may also be defined by the user. Full-featured graphing capability allows thorough examination of the curve fit. The process of finding the best fit can be automated by letting CurveExpert compare your data to each model to choose the best curve.
CurveExpert Basic was designed to be simple but powerful, so that all users can obtain a model for their data quickly and easily.
OS Requirements: Windows 95 or newer, including Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Over 30 distinct data modeling equations to choose from
- User-defined models allow you to input, design, and manage your own regression functions with up to 19 parameters.
- Toolbox of fitting techniques includes linear/nonlinear regression and many types of interpolation/spline fitting.
- Uses the Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm for quick nonlinear regression performance.
- Different weighting schemes give flexibility to how the regression is performed. In particular, the regression can be weighted by uncertainties that are known for each data point.
- Unlimited number of data points.
- CurveFinder, which tests each available curve fit against your data, and chooses the best fit
- Full featured graphing capability with customizable, dynamic graphs gives immediate feedback on curve fit quality.
- User has the ability to terminate a computation at any time
- Integration and differentiation of the fitted model function can be quickly performed
- Customizable plots can be copied directly to the clipboard for use in another Windows application
- Easy to use point-and-click interface
- QuickCalc evaluates your model at any point you choose
- Reads simple ASCII data file and can ignore comments or text in the file. A large amount of flexibility is available for this text file import.
- Data set can be scaled, translated, sorted, the outliers removed, or edited by hand similarly to a spreadsheet
- As curve fits are applied, a ranking chart keeps track of the best to worst models
- Full-featured toolbar and status bar increase your productivity